Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Where have I been?

Where have I been the last few months? I don't know. I don't really have an excuse. I will try to do better, but who knows, I may not blog again for a few months.... so... yeah.

Since we last talked I have seen a few movies. I'll start with "The Social Network" which I thought was great. I was a big "West Wing" fan and have enjoyed Aaron Sorkin's writing in the past. But it's not just the writing that's great in the movie, the acting is great, the directing is great and the music is great. I just really enjoyed this story.

I also saw "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" which wasn't bad. It was a little slow in parts but it's worth a rental. Unless you hate Shia Lebouf (which I have been told some people do).

I saw "Kick Ass" and "Shutter Island" on DVD and thought they were very good. I saw "Clash of the Titans" which wasn't very good and "Prince of Persia" which was ok.

As far as the TV season goes, I haven't been that impressed. I think "The Event" holds promise... I'm just hoping it doesn't turn into "FlashForward." "Lone Star" which had promise was canceled. "I've given up on "No Ordinary Family" but may come back to it if I hear good things. I couldn't muster the energy to give anything else a try (except for Hawaii 5-0 which was good, but I'm not a big 'procedural' person). I think the best thing to do is to stick with older shows. "Fringe" is still amazing. "Chuck" and "House" are still entertaining. "Modern Family," "The Office" and "30 Rock" are still funny. And I'm excited about "Smallville" this year. He better fly and put on the suit before this whole thing is over or I'm going to be ANGRY.

As far as books go, I haven't read too much lately because I don't have a commute anymore to listen to audiobooks. But I really enjoyed the Hunger Games trilogy, even though the final book was a major downer. I'm trying to get through the biography "Truman" which is good, but unbelievably long. 48 discs!

And music is just falling through the cracks. I really need to get back on track there. How do you sift through all the stuff that is out there?

Let me know what you're enjoying and what I should make sure to listen/read/watch.

Bye.

P.S. Bring it down a notch America!

2 comments:

Miskatonic said...

I am totally not excited about Smallville. I dread spending the time watching the episodes my DVR have already captured. But I'm going down with this ship. nd, I agree that it's time for tights and flights!!

We haven't started watching any shows yet. I guess we're just going to collect Fringe until we have a marathon.

Lately I've been watching Dexter (NSFM - not safe for Mormons) seasons 2 and 3 and True Blood (extremely NSFM) season 2. Both are quite good but far from great. I've also been watching classic Twilight Zone. Spectacular stuff! The first episode of Running Wilde showed promise, though I doubt it will be as great as Arrested Development. But, we can always hope.

CRoW said...

Miskatonic, Good to hear from you. I think you'll really like Fringe. Ever since the middle of last season it really has been good. On another note, we're living in Utah County now. We should have lunch sometime or something.