Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's almost summer

Once again it's been a while since I've posted here, but to be honest not too much has been happening in theaters or on TV. But there have been a few bright spots. Let me discuss them here.

Science fiction movies: The Adjustment Bureau and Source Code to be specific. I really enjoyed both of these movies. I don't know that I'll be adding them to my collection, but they were great distractions that had me thinking after I left the theater. They were both solid 3 star movies. I read a number of reviews that talked about plot holes and things that supposedly didn't make sense, but I didn't find any problems when I watched the movies. Definitely worth seeing either in theaters or on Blu-ray.

Fringe: This show just keeps getting better and better. I never know what's going to happen next... and that's always a good thing.

Award nominated movies: The award nominated movies are all now making their way to DVD and Blu-ray. So far I've quite enjoyed, 127 Hours, Winter's Bone, The Fighter, The Town, True Grit and The King's Speech (the last two in theaters).

Music: I got a record player for Christmas and I have enjoyed listening to oldies albums that I have either bought or had given to me. There's something cool about that crackling sound on a Beatles/Dylan/Stone album that's just cool. Plus I found an awesome live Neil Diamond album that I now love.

Sitcoms: Parks and Rec, The Office, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, and The Middle are all really funny right now. They are much better than most dramas that are on the air right now.

The fall season: The list of pilots being created by the big networks look amazing. If only 20% are as awesome as they sound, this fall will do a lot for bringing back genre television. Not to mention the great stars coming back to TV: Zooey Deschanel, Sarah Michelle Gellar, half the cast of Battlestar Galactica, Will Arnett, Friday Night Lights alums, etc.

So there you have it. Now I look forward to summer where there's almost a movie every week that I can't wait to see.


See you then.

No comments: