Thursday, July 16, 2009

Land of the Lost


Today's movie is "Land of the Lost." It was the second of a double feature I saw at a drive-in theater. I will tell you of the other movie at a later time. "Land of the Lost" was actually the better movie. It was also better than I thought it would be. But that doesn't mean it was quality cinema. This is probably a movie to catch on TBS late at night. Or if you have a free rental at the redbox. It's typical Will Ferrell fare. He acts like a pompous idiot like you would expect. I love his schtick, so you should keep that in mind while reading this review. Now I never saw the TV show upon which this film is based but I'm told that's it's not the most faithful of adaptations. Will Ferrell plays a discredited scientist who happens across a strange new world. And wackiness ensues. There are some scattered laughs but not enought to pay eight bucks for.
So in the end I give this movie a C.

I look forward to Will Ferrell in "Anchorman 2"

2 comments:

Nemesis said...

Anchorman 2? Is he really making that? Because I am so there.

Nells-Bells said...

i am with nemesis...anchorman 2?? wow. that totally has just made my day. i had better wake up dan to tell him.
well, he won't remember in the morning so i had better wait to tell him the good news. :)